Ear wax removal by micro-suction
If your ears feel clogged up and your hearing is reduced, this could very well be due to earwax build-up. Your ears produce wax to protect the ear canal and eardrum from dust and debris – which could result in infection. While the wax usually just falls out by itself, it can sometimes accumulate, harden or get pushed deeper into the canal in a sufficiently large mass to cause a problem. In this case, you’ll need to get professional ear wax removal preferably by micro suction.
- Using cotton buds or other objects for ‘ear cleaning’
- Wearing in-ear headphones, ear protection plugs, hearing aids
- Overuse of products, such as Otex
- Tinnitus or ringing in your ear
- A clogged feeling or a feeling of fullness
- Reduced hearing
The problem might not be ear wax. There is a charge for the appointment if this is the case. We offer free hearing tests if you believe your hearing is impaired.
- Involves using a micro probe to gently suck out ear wax and debris
- Clinician can see right into the ear canal
- Olive oil ear drops prior to micro-suction is not as important
- Less messy- usually with no need to use water
- Safe for perforated ear drums
- If you move suddenly during the treatment, you risk damage to your ear canal or eardrum. This can be avoided by remaining still throughout.
- It’s also worth mentioning that the procedure can be on the noisy side so you may temporarily feel an impact on your hearing. However, this is minimal, and your hearing will soon go back to normal.